Getting into an accident is up on the list of most stressful life events to go through. After an accident, it can seem like there are a million things that need to be dealt with, yet a starting point is nowhere in sight.
Every day people are injured in car accidents at no fault of their own, often because of others’ carelessness or perhaps poor intentions. You are not alone if you feel emotionally paralyzed, but you are also not out of luck.
My name is Steven Day and if you or someone you know has just gotten in a wreck here in Henderson, Nevada, your searching has brought you to the right page!
I understand that money and time are of the essence in, especially in a fast paced place like Henderson, so I want to cut to some important information I have found to be useful for previous clients I’ve worked with. Here is what not to do if you get in an automobile accident:
- Don’t apologize for the accident! I know it is tempting to get in contact with those involved and offer an apology, but keep in mind that anything you say can and may be used against you in court.
- Don’t report facts or admissions. This is also key so that you are set up to receive the money you are entitled to. A proper lawyer is the only person who should offer advisement on accident cases.
- Don’t get over-involved with the other party in general. As you might guess, the worst thing you can do is try to advocate for yourself without representation.
Remember: deep breaths. My philosophy is to make sure clients get the care they need at each step of the process. If there is one thing I’ve learned from my time in law. Do you recognize any of these concerns?
- I am wondering if I even need to get a lawyer.
- I am looking for the right fit for a Henderson lawyer.
- I want a lawyer who is an expert with car accidents.
- What about my family, kids, work, or school responsibilities?
- How much money am I going to get in the end?
These considerations and more are what I am formally trained to assist with and can comfortably work through with you on our one-to-one communication. Other frequently asked questions:
- How do I differentiate between property damage and personal injury?
- What do I do if insurance representatives ask questions about the case?
- What will I have to prove so that I can win my accident case?
I mean hey, what if the accident isn’t even your fault at all? What if a close family or friend was injured? What if you are just so tired of it all and want someone right here in Henderson who does the job right, right now?
Don't get tricked
Here is another tip if you are serious about your settlement. It has to do with the driver at fault and their insurance company. Be weary of the insurance company. What often happens is that they will call and say:
- “You don’t need to get a lawyer, you can work with us.”
- “Lawyers will just charge so many fees and take your money.”
- “We can help you get what you need right away.”
And other misleading yet seductively friendly phrases. If you fall for it, they will keep on with their promises and force you to end up with an unfair settlement because you never claimed your rights with an attorney.
Insurance companies are not your friend. Do not rely on any other person who is not working directly in your interest. One careless sign or swipe and you can end up where you never planned or wanted to be. We will fight on your behalf and without any expense to you.
However, there’s one more problem: Tireless Internet searches usually prove nothing except what you and I both know, that there are a thousand different routes to take and little insight into what fits your case.
What makes us different? “Person-centered” law is what I use for anyone in my office, something I think you will not really find many other places. We look at each case as a person and not a number, and take into account all of the factors that come into play so that your case can be settled and resolved the best way.
Las Vegas itself has so many listings for attorneys that it is hard to believe an area of work could be so watered down by people who just don’t understand individual needs in the event of an accident.
Give me a call today and I know I can help turn this draining reality upside down and offer you a refreshing take on legal matters. Let old struggles fade as we talk through details and decisions that are central to your specific situation. Sometimes just taking that next step is all you need to get set for success.
Even if we're not the right fit for your case, I'm confident I can point you in the right direction and help answer all of your questions.
The paperwork and details are one thing, but when all is said and done, I find nothing more satisfying than extending a solid hand of help to someone who honestly just needs some peace of mind I know how it feels because I have been there myself and have had the opportunity to help many clients before get the results they deserve.